Friday 19 April 2013

Touching Smoke By Airicka Phoenix

 Touching Smoke
Airicka Phoenix



After spending weeks reading books and giving up half way because they just weren't interesting enough i found this. And it was like the sun shining through a cloudy day.
Starting it , I expected it to be a light easy read, I was happily proved wrong. The story doesn't give anything away. Literally, it's like the last four chapters that you start finding things out, and everything you thought was going to happen doesn't. The book took the complete opposite direction from what I had presumed it would, and I must say it was a nice surprise.
It was also a nice change from the vampire/werewolf novels that I have been reading a lot lately.
I really liked the lead character Fallon. Her witty comebacks and some of the things she thinks had me laughing out loud.
Isaiah was a different hero type character, he was lost almost as much as Fallon was. He doesn't remember his past so when faced with the answers he is learning along with Fallon. The only real difference is that he is in control of his abilities whereas Fallon doesn't even know what abilities she has.
I very rarely highlight things when i am reading on my kindle, but i must have highlighted at least ten things whilst reading this.
Needless to say i am hooked on this series and moving swiftly onto the next installment.

blue noshadow Freebies! Free stars to use as raters Book Blogger Designblue noshadow Freebies! Free stars to use as raters Book Blogger Designblue noshadow Freebies! Free stars to use as raters Book Blogger Designblue noshadow Freebies! Free stars to use as raters Book Blogger Designblue noshadow Freebies! Free stars to use as raters Book Blogger Design

No comments:

Post a Comment