Wednesday 8 May 2013

Real by Katy Evans Review

 Just a quick warning, this review includes quotes from the book. None will be spoilers though, but there will be swearing.

I think there is only one appropriate way to introduce this book :

Ladies and gentlemen, the noooww... the moment you've all been waiting for, the man you're all here to see. The baddest of the bad, i give you, the one, the only, Remington 'Riptide' Tate!!


It has been a long time since a book has knocked me on my ass, but this one certainly has. I originally picked this up because it sounded like Beautiful Disaster, which is another of my favorites. Real sets itself in almost the same environment as Beautiful Disaster, but that is where the similarities end. Real stands it's own ground.
Brooke had her life planned. She was going to win the Olympics, it's what she had trained her whole life for. But then a knee injury ruins that dream. Which leads her to Remy. Once a professional boxer who has been banned and must now fight in the Underground. 
Flames instantly ignite between them. Remy wants her and Brooke tries as hard as she can to deny the fact that she wants him. But then he offers her a job and suddenly he's everywhere

'I think I like him, and i dislike that I do. I think I want him, and I hate that I do.'


Katy has written this book fantastically well, mixing sarcasm, love and anger together to keep you on your toes. Within the first few pages this book had me in stitches. 

'Riptide, who's now jumping off the ring and - where the hell are you going?' 

Brooke and Remy were intricate interesting characters. They become the soul focus of each others life, desperately wanting more of each other. Remy is from the dark side of the tracks, he doesn't trust people, expects everyone to leave him, because of who he is. Brooke comes from a supporting family, who made her believe she could be whatever she wanted to be. Together, their perfect, but their each others worst enemies also. 

'I don't know if I'm bad for him, or him for me. All i know is that this is as inevitable as an incoming tsunami, and I'm just bracing for the swim of my life.'

Remy wants her, only her. He says goodbye to his whores, his protective instincts go on overdrive, he's more than over jealous by any man that even breathes near her. But she doesn't know him, the real him. She see's the fighter the man that always wins. She thinks he's perfect, but he's far from it. 

'You'll leave me the second it gets too steep, and you'll leave me with nothing - when i want you like I've never wanted anything in my life. You're all i think about, dream about. I get high and low and it's all about you now, it's not even about me anymore. I can't sleep, can't think, can't concentrate worth shit anymore and it's all because i want to be the fucking 'one' for you and as soon as you realize what I am, all I'll be is a fucking mistake.'

 Can he trust Brooke enough to tell her his secret, can she love him enough to stay? Soul's will be broken, hearts will be tested, and there will be only one champion.

'He's not just a star, he's the whole fucking sky to me. He's the sun and every planet in this galaxy.'
 
An amazing, epic read!! Must read for everyone!!

blue light Freebies! Free stars to use as raters Book Blogger Designblue light Freebies! Free stars to use as raters Book Blogger Designblue light Freebies! Free stars to use as raters Book Blogger Designblue light Freebies! Free stars to use as raters Book Blogger Designblue light Freebies! Free stars to use as raters Book Blogger Design




 

No comments:

Post a Comment